You shall not commit adultery (NIV : Exodus 20:14)
1. In Merriam- Webster defines adultery as :
Voluntary sexual intercourse between an married man and someone other that his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband.
2. There are 3 premises that need to fulfill to commit adultery:
a.sexual intercourse between
b.married man or woman
c.and a person who is not their spouse
3. Here, Oxford define a marriage as
The legally or formally recognized union of man and woman as a partner in relationship. (Oxford)
4. As the definition are quite brief, I need to improve the definition as:
The legally or formally recognized union of man and woman as a partner in relationship to permit sexual intercourse and other related activities in term of raising children, physical activities, economical, love and mentally needs that can not be obtain through other type of relationship (friends, colleague, etc) .
5. Why I need to emphasize on the definition? I need to emphasize because I need to differentiate a relationship between friends, partners, classmate, etc. Even though, in certain situation, this relationship are interconnect with each other. Therefore, it is important to define the type of relationship in proper ways.
6. almost races or culture, it was acceptable to understand that marriage is a legal binding contract to permit sexual activities that later happen to be a reproductive activities of human being intentionally or unintentionally. This activities shall comes in one package with term, condition and responsibility. Foremost, this is factual condition that need to be understand.
7. Here, I not intent to go through the term and condition as our topic do not permit it to do so. I just want to emphasize on 2 item – honesty and trust.
8. In marriage, honesty and trust was important thing to be consider. It is a mutual understanding for both partner need to be consider before getting marriage, without it, marriage life a empty. When we understand this, we should understand that committing adultery is “too much” to be accepted. This action itself is a breach of legal binding of marriage.
9. As a family is a nucleus society in bigger society. It is important to have a basic understanding of family rules and regulation to be provided. Without a good family regulation, the society itself is collapsing.